Employment Opportunity – Coaches for ALDI MiniRoos Kick-Off for Girls & MiniRoos Step Up Programs.
Garden Suburb Football Club is seeking applications for coaches to become part of the 2018 ALDI MiniRoos Kick-Off for Girls program and MiniRoos Step Up program.
ALDI MiniRoos Kick-Off for Girls is Northern NSW Footballs introductory football program for girls aged 4 – 9. The program uses short, game-based sessions to introduce the sport of football to newcomers in a fun and inclusive way and provides grassroots football participants with more opportunities to try the world game
MiniRoos Step Up is designed for both girls and boys aged 6-11, who already have foundational football skills. This program offers young players the opportunity to continue their MiniRoos experience at the next level. They will have short, game-based sessions aimed at the intermediary skill level, mixed with fun.
Both programs run for 8 weeks during term 4 (22ndOctober – 10thDecember) on Monday afternoons.
Successful applicants must attend a modified coaching certificate and ALDI MiniRoos Kick-Off training/ information session. This course will be held in each area sometime early in October.
If you are interested in becoming part of this program, please submit a resume and cover letter outlining the below to email@example.com
- Current involvement with football and/or other sports
- Any coaching experience
- Any refereeing experience
- Why you would like to be part of the ALDI MiniRoos Kick-Off program in 2018
- Which program you have an interest in coaching
- If you are available for the entirety of the program (8 weeks)
- What qualities you would bring to the program
Please note: If you are over the age of 18 you will need to hold relevant Working with Children Check; Employment is subject to WWCC clearance.
Applications close 5pm Friday 14thSeptember 2018.
For more information on the program please visit: http://northernnswfootball.com.au/miniroos/miniroos-kick-off-for-girls/
If you have any question regarding this opportunity please contact Michelle Forbes via email firstname.lastname@example.org by phone 0421285301.
Coaches will be in charge of a group of 10 participates at Garden Suburb Football Club for 45 minutes a week and will facilitate training as directed by the ALDI MiniRoos Kick-Off for Girls/ Step Up session plans. The session plan is in line with the game-sense philosophy of sport participation. This approach to sport delivery emphasises a move away from traditional coach dominated sessions to those that are player-centred, using game-like situations rather than technical drills.
Coaches will be overseen by a Centre Coordinator and will have sufficient support throughout the program.
Coach responsibilities include:
- Supervise a group of 10 players each week
- Plan, prepare and deliver 30-minute coaching session each week (session plan provided)
- Referee and coach during a 15-minute game each week
- Keep session moving fluently, with animation, limiting stoppages and encouraging all players;
- Create an environment that ensures all players have fun and have maximum involvement;
- Be flexible, patient and positive.
Coaches are provided with a uniform shirt and are paid at a rate of $20 per session.
Please note: If you are over the age of 18 you will need to hold a relevant Working with Children Check; Employment is subject to WWCC clearance.